As we’re marking the International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia & Biphobia (IDAHOTB) this month, we’re looking at coming out as bisexual.
• Your sexual identity is your personal journey and you answer to no-one.
• But being closeted has adverse psychological effects, so try to come out if it’s safe to do so.
• Labels are not permanent, and you don’t have to commit to one forever.
• Community matters & the bisexual community is speaking out (see amBi South Africa on Facebook).
• Bisexuality is a real and valid sexual identity, so be you and be proud.
• Coming out can be met with hostility, so talk to a counsellor if you need support.
For advice or support:
– Contact Dr Dick on www.men2men.co.za
– or Dr Delicious on www.womyn2womyn.co.za
– Get FREE face-to-face counselling at TEN81 in Pretoria (Book now on 012 430 3272 / 066 190 5812)
– or get FREE telephonic counselling nationwide (012 43032 72 / 066 190 5812)