• Take a couple of minutes to notice your breathing. Sense the flow of the breath and the rise and fall of your belly. Use your breathing to centre you in the ‘now’.
• Notice what you are doing as you are doing it and tune into your senses. E.g. when you are eating, notice the colour, texture and taste of the food.
• Don’t feel that you need to fill up all your time with doing. Take some time to simply be.
• Recognise that thoughts are simply thoughts. You don’t need to believe them or react to them.
• Notice when you tend to ‘zone’ out (e.g., driving, texting, web surfing, doing dishes, brushing teeth, etc.). Practice bringing more awareness to that activity.
• Stop comparing ‘now’ to ‘then’, and focus on the happy moments. Savour them.
If you need more advice or support, please contact:
Dr Dick on http://www.men2men.co.za
or Dr Delicious on http://www.womyn2womyn.co.za
or get face-to-face counselling (Book now on 012 430 3272)
or telephonic counselling (0860 688 688)