• Identify the irrational or unhelpful belief or thought.
• Ask yourself where this belief or thought comes from.
• Ask yourself where the evidence or proof is that confirms this belief or thought. Is the proof enough?
• Consider how this thought or belief has impacted on your life.
• Ask yourself if the way this thought or belief makes you feel is how you want to feel.
• If this thought or belief is irrational or unhelpful, replace it with a new, realistic and helpful thought or belief.
• Repeat the new thought or belief to reinforce it.
If you need more advice or support, please contact: