• Hate speech often builds up to violent physical action (i.e. attack, assault, rape or even murder)
• Hate speech is illegal and should be reported to the police and/or one of the groups below.
If you’ve experienced a hate crime because of your sexual orientation or gender identity these organisations can help. Call one of them now or visit www.asiphephe.org.
• Lesbian and Gay Centre (Durban): (031) 312-7402
• FEW (Joburg): (011) 403-1906/7
• GALA (Joburg): (011) 717-4239
• OUT LGBT Wellbeing (Pretoria): (012) 430-3272
• Gay & Lesbian Network (Pietermaritzburg): 0860 33 33 31
• Triangle Project (Cape Town): (021) 686-1475
For more information on the Love, Not Hate campaign click here.
This campaign is supported by DiDiRi, Open Society Foundation for South Africa & The Sigrid Rausing Trust.