Fear and Hate go Hand in Hand

If you have been the victim of hate speech or discrimination you can lodge a case with an Equality Court in your area. It is free and you do not need a lawyer. 

Contact the nearest Magistrates’ Court and ask for the Equality Court. A clerk will give you a Form 2 to complete and to lodge a complaint. For more information, visit www.justice.gov.za/EQCact/eqc_main.html

You can also file a complaint with the SA Human Rights Commission on their website at www.sahrc.org.za.


*According to the 2016 report Hate Crimes Against LGBT People in South Africa (by OUT LGBT Well-being)