•Bullying can lead to victims isolating themselves, feeling insecure and worthless and even committing suicide.
•Victims of bullying are often afraid to tell someone because of intimidation and threats by the bullies.
•Never be bullied into silence or allow yourself to be made a victim. Report the bullying. Talk to someone you trust.
If you’ve experienced bullying or a hate crime because of your sexual orientation or gender identity these organisations can help. Call one of them now or visit www.asiphephe.org.
• Lesbian and Gay Centre (Durban): (031) 312-7402
• FEW (Joburg): (011) 403-1906/7
• GALA (Joburg): (011) 717-4239
• OUT LGBT Wellbeing (Pretoria): (012) 430-3272
• Gay & Lesbian Network (Pietermaritzburg): 0860 33 33 31
• Triangle Project (Cape Town): (021) 686-1475
For more information on the Love, Not Hate campaign click here.
This campaign is supported by DiDiRi, Open Society Foundation for South Africa & The Sigrid Rausing Trust.