POSITION: ASSET AND PROCUREMENT OFFICER
OFFICE: PRETORIA/ MELVILLE
CLOSING DATE: 10 FEBRUARY 2023
OUT is a South African based Not for Profit Organisation aimed at enabling socially just, inclusive, and equitable societies that are free of discrimination and stigma for all LGBT+ people. OUT works to secure the empowerment, human rights, access to equitable services and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender plus communities in South Africa, the region and internationally.
OUT LGBT Well-being is currently recruiting a qualified and experienced Asset and Procurement Officer to support our USAID project in Johannesburg, Melville.
This position will have a direct report to the Finance Manager.
The incumbent be responsible for asset management, management of procurement activities as well as finance administration
Cost to Company, Negotiable
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comprehensive management of assets, including up to date Fixed Asset Register, controls for safeguarding assets and adequate insurance cover
- Tagging and recording of movement/ allocations of assets
- Participate in Annual asset verifications
- Servicing, repairing, upgrading of laptops
- Computer licenses and emails
- Management of assets replacement plan
- Identification and investigation of any obsolete assets and submission for disposals
- Reviewing of purchase requisitions and ensuring that content is in line with needs and in compliance with applicable regulations, rules, and policies.
- Creating purchase orders and selection of appropriate suppliers and contractors
- Perform suppliers background checks and drafting of appropriate service level agreements to properly evaluate the performance of suppliers as required by the funder
- Controlling and monitoring expenses against approved budgets
- Ensure sites keep adequate inventory records
- Keeping track of orders
- Together with the Operations director, plan and execute contract renewals, amendment, and terminations
- Develop and implement cost savings
- Cash management of events, including requests for funds.
- Work with the co-ordinator to reconcile cash issued/ returned/ receipts and work with data team to validate the supporting registers. All cash must be accounted for.
- Ensure the supporting documentation for events are compliant to SOPs-all site
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- Relevant tertiary qualification, preferably in finance and accounting
- Previous experience in procurement and asset management
- Computer literacy, especially Excel and other database systems
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to perform financial reconciliations
- Qualification Verification
- Criminal record checks
- Credit checks
OUT LGBT Well-being reserves the right not to make this appointment.
Strong preference will be given to members from our target group.
Please only submit Application letter and 3-page (max) CV, without supporting documents.
Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted for the interviews.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application, kindly consider your application to have been unsuccessful.