OFFICE: Hatfield, Pretoria
CLOSING DATE: 18 February 2020
OUT LGBT Well-being provides free and confidential health services to Men who have sex with Men (MSM) in the Tshwane Metro. OUT wishes to appoint a suitably qualified individual to serve as the Peer/Outreach Coordinator.
The Peer/Outreach Coordinator will report directly to the Programme Manager/Operational Director.
Key job purpose
To coordinate Outreach Teams aligned with funder targets and Standard Operating Procedures to ensure access to quality health services by MSM aligned with the 90 – 90 – 90 Continuum of Care.
Key duties and responsibilities:
1. MSM Community Outreach Services
• Accurately map and document MSM spaces attended by the team
• Create an electronic database of all sites based on the mapping tool
• Gatekeepers, Ambassadors, Champions documented with their contact details and updated monthly of all calls made
• In mapped areas, liaise with hot spot/ taverns owners regarding a regular roster
• Liaise with community groups for further risk segmentation for linkages between community organizations and OUT. Engagement with most at risk and hard to reach MSM defined by risk profiling
• Strategically implement targeted and prescribed activities in social spaces, workshops, parties and events etc.
• Assure accurate information, education and communication with quality testing and linkages to services
2. Team Coordination and targets
• Ensure that minimum targets are reached by the team
• Ensuring testing stations require testing and information points, staffing, uniforms, and needed equipment
• Gazebos cleaned professionally bi-monthly
• Staff uniforms maintained and cleaned ensuring professionalism
• Monitoring of leave according to hours worked and hours taken. Needs to be documented and comply with HR requirements.
• Ensure daily team attendance is monitored and required hours are worked.
• Weekly submissions of team members’ timesheets. Ensuring they are accurate and accompanied with support documentation such as leave forms etc.
• Ensure daily checklists, delegation of duties and all paperwork is updated daily.
• Maintain a motivated and healthy team with daily, weekly and monthly meetings.
3. Documentation and report
• Reconciliation of all compliance requirements including petrol slips; registers and monies disbursed.
• Ensure that all client documentation is accurate (electronically or paper based), has been checked and is consistent with the data SOPs
• Daily submission of data to Data Coordinator for verification
• Daily, weekly and monthly reporting of KPPrev, HTS, HTS_ POS, PrEP _ New, IEC materials and condoms with lube (and all additional required indicators)
• Implement patient management according to SOP.
Qualifications, experience and requirements
• Relevant Qualification
• Training in Basic Hast, HIV Counselling, Adherence Counselling
• Knowledge of DoH HTS guidelines and protocol
• Experience working as HTS Counsellor
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Team player, detail-focused and reliable, able to work independently
• Willing to work flexi hours, weekends and public holidays as per Organisational requirements
• Punctual, reliable and organised
• Attention to detail
• Supervising skills
Strong preference will be given to members from our target group.
OUT LGBT Well-being reserves the right not to make this appointment.
Please only submit an application letter and 3 pages (max) CV, without supporting documents. Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates who meet requirements will be contacted for the interviews. If not contacted within two weeks, please consider your application as having been unsuccessful.