POSITION: CASE MANAGEMENT OFFICER
OFFICE: OUT TEN81 CLINIC; HATFIELD; PRETORIA
CLOSING DATE: 4 NOVEMBER 2019
The Case Management Officer will report directly to the MSM Programme Coordinator.
KEY JOB PURPOSE:
Will provide patient-centred support to clients: To navigate them successfully by providing treatment adherence counselling, coordination and follow-up of medical treatments.
Key duties and responsibilities (included but not limited to):
• Provide psychosocial support to clients not yet ready for treatment
• Provide follow-up support telephonically, face to face, at facility and at home visits (where applicable)
• Provide adherence counselling with adherence plan development to clients newly started on ART (0-6 months) with the option of extending this to 12 months for select patients
• Provide adherence support to all clients missing appointments for 14 days or more
• Provide adherence support to patients that have been returned to care
• Provide enhanced adherence counselling and support to all virally unsuppressed patients (including the 1st unsuppressed) with support to develop personalized adherence plans
• Provide support to patients eligible for decanting that are not yet decanted
• Refer patients who have failed to meet requirements of case management programme and remain in care to other facilities, Community Partners or as directed for return to care
• Monitor the efficacy of the adherence plan and periodic re-evaluation and revision/referral to healthcare professional as required and adjust the patient plan as necessary
• Build trust over time amongst clients until they are ready to share details of their contacts
Administratively this will include the need to:
• Enrol patients into case management program
• Record all cases and outcomes in the case management register
• Provide weekly and ad hoc progress report to clinicians of all enrolled cases
• Capture daily activities into Linkage Register/s
Qualifications, Requirements and Experience
• Grade 12 Certificate
• Training in Basic HAST, HIV Counselling, Adherence Counselling
• Knowledge of DOH HTS Guidelines and Protocols
• Experience working as HTS Counsellor
• At least 2 years’ experience in health promotion and health education activities within the Civil Society Organisation arena
• Intermediate knowledge of Excel and Word (advanced knowledge would be an advantage)
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Able to maintain confidentiality
Personal qualities & Behavioural competencies
• Planning and organizing
• Results Orientation
• Attention to detail
• Client orientation
Strong preference will be given to members from our target group.
OUT LGBT Wellbeing reserves the right not to make this appointment.
Please only submit an application letter and 3-page (max) CV, without supporting documents. Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates who meet requirements will be contacted for the interviews.