1. Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer: S/he will be responsible for an overall management and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation of OUT’s Men who have Sex with Men (MSM) Programme. Responsibilities will include Data Management, Data Capturing, Data Quality Control (QC), as well as Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Improvement (QI), development and using of applicable tools, reporting to funders and monthly/quarterly reports.
Requirements: A B-Degree is essential. Other qualities include maturity, good communication skills, strong M&E management skills and experience, a keen interest in working with data and data collection, excellent experience with and knowledge of Word and Excel, experience in working with LGBTI issues and a focus on achieving outputs.
2. Registered Nurse: S/he will be responsible for the sexual wellbeing of MSM and LGBT individuals, with a focus on HIV Testing and Treatment, STI- and Tb screenings and treatment, specifically in a mobile setting that will include outreach activities. The suitable candidate will have to be available after hours, during weekends and on public holidays as well. Responsibilities include: HIV Counselling and Testing, wellness adherence and referral, provision of ART (Anti-Retroviral Therapy), provision of PreP and PEP (Pre and Post Exposure Prophylaxis), viral load /CD4 monitoring and general HIV management, STI (Sexually Transmitted Infections) screening and treatment, TB (tuberculosis) screening and treatment, clean needles and wound care, overdose prevention.
Requirements: An appropriate nursing qualification and qualified to prescribe needed medicines, maturity, strong project management skills, experience in working with LGBTI issues, specifically provision of direct services, and how to integrate this within the mainstream, and a focus of achieving outputs.
3. Peer Outreach Coordinator: S/he will be responsible for an overall management of the Peer Outreach Programme. Responsibilities will include management of a team of ten Peer Outreach Workers (including working in the field with the team), management of the outreach plan (including mapping of areas and events, finding hotspots, organising of events), and achieving desired targets and outputs (mobile HIV Testing, behavior change interventions). It will also include reporting to the Health Manager and liaising with data management.
Requirements: Experience in Peer Outreach Work is essential, preferably among MSM in Pretoria. Other qualities include maturity, good communication skills, good problem-solving skills, strong project management skills, ability to work in a team, ability to think creatively, and experience in working with LGBTI issues. The ideal candidate must be able to work after hours and during weekends and public holidays.
4. 6 X Peer Outreach Workers: S/he will be responsible for outreach work among the following key populations: Men who have Sex with Men (MSM), and LGBTI people (with a focus on Transgender individuals). Responsibilities will include educating of members of these key population groups (by means of sharing of information and distributing information material), discussing of risk reduction strategies, distribution of barrier method commodities (condoms and lubrication), and providing mobile HIV Testing and Counselling. This will be done on an individual and group/ community level, with the objective of preventing the spread of HIV and STIs.
Requirements: Experience in Peer Outreach Work is essential, as well as having access to networks with MSM and Transgender people in Pretoria. Other qualities include maturity, good communication skills, ability to work in a team, and experience in working with MSM and LGBTI issues. The ideal candidate must be able to think creatively in order to achieve programme outputs, and must be able to work after hours, during weekends and public holidays.
5. Bookkeeper: S/he will assist with the daily bookkeeping from cashbook to managing of accounts of the organisation, VAT, Payroll and PAYE, budgeting, managing the petty cash, debtor and creditor management and financial reporting to donors.
Requirements: An appropriate financial qualification and/or 3 years relevant experience are essential. Other qualities include maturity, attention to detail, experience and comfort in in working with LGBTI issues and a focus of achieving outputs.
The positions are based in Pretoria. They are initially three year contracts renewable pending on funding and performance. There is a three month probation period. Salary is negotiable pending on qualifications and experience.
Please forward CVs to Dawie Nel, firstname.lastname@example.org; 012-430 3272. Closing date for applications is 26 July 2016. We would ideally like the positions filled as from 1 August 2016. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. We reserve the right not to make any appointments.
OUT is more than 21 years old and serves the lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender (LGBT) community in Pretoria and beyond. We are one of the oldest LGBT community groups in South Africa. Our main focus is on health issues of Men who have Sex with Men (MSM) and LGBT people, hate crimes and community building.