• Our biggest “weapon” or “tool” to “fight” against these crimes is to speak the truth.
• Hate crimes should be reported to the police, no matter when they happened or how difficult it might be.
• Should you experience victimisation when reporting the incident, tell one of the organisations below.
If you’ve experienced a hate crime because of your sexual orientation or gender identity these organisations can help. Call one of them now or visit www.asiphephe.org.
• Lesbian and Gay Centre (Durban): (031) 312-7402
• FEW (Joburg): (011) 403-1906/7
• GALA (Joburg): (011) 717-4239
• OUT LGBT Wellbeing (Pretoria): (012) 430-3272
• Gay & Lesbian Network (Pietermaritzburg): 0860 33 33 31
• Triangle Project (Cape Town): (021) 686-1475
For more information on the Love, Not Hate campaign click here.
This campaign is supported by DiDiRi, Open Society Foundation for South Africa & The Sigrid Rausing Trust.