• Many reported hate crimes cases are lost in the system because victims are afraid to report all the details
• Some victims fear for their safety after reporting a hate crime
If you’ve struggled to report a hate crime or your case has been ignored, contact one of the organisations below:
• Lesbian and Gay Centre (Durban): (031) 312-7402
• FEW (Joburg): (011) 403-1906/7
• GALA (Joburg): (011) 717-4239
• OUT LGBT Wellbeing (Pretoria): (012) 430-3272
• Gay & Lesbian Network (Pietermaritzburg): 0860 33 33 31
• Triangle Project (Cape Town): (021) 686-1475
For more information on the Love, Not Hate campaign click here.
The “Love, Not Hate” programme is funded by DiDiRi, the Sigrid Rausing Trust and the Open Society Foundation for South Africa (OSFSA).