• Use lots of lube to avoid anal tearing;
• if you’re HIV negative, avoid being the bottom, which is riskier;
• if your partner is positive make sure he’s on ARV treatment;
• pull out before coming; and
• get on a course of PEP if you’ve had risky sex in the last 72 hours.
For free HIV testing, PEP and friendly sexual health services for guys who have sex with guys call OUT in Hatfield, Pretoria on 012 430 3272 or phone Sediba Hope Medical Centre in central Pretoria on 087 940 7584/5.
For sexual health tips and advice visit http://www.men2men.co.za.